Effective: October 19, 2023
The Student Shed is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following types of personal information:
– Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and pages viewed.
– Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
– Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
– Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, and/or newsletters.
– Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information to:
– Administer the website.
– Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website.
– Enable your use of the services available on the website.
– Send you goods purchased via the website and supply services purchased via the website.
– Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
– Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
– Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
– Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.