Hello! Welcome to the Student Shed. We’re an online community made up of students, parents and teachers throughout the Bahamas. Our objective is to help students as they prepare to sit the Bahamas Junior Certificate (B.J.C) and Bahamas General Certificate of Secondary Education (B.G.C.S.E) exams.
Also, the Student Shed was developed to;
- Assist parents and students who would like to take better control over their education process.
- Offer students’ academic development beyond and above what is offered in their own school.
- Offer support to homeschooling parents and homeschooled students.
- Offer equal opportunity for persons regardless of economic status or age to obtain BJC’s and BGCSE’s.
- Offer a private environment for adults who are studying to obtain their BJC’s and BGCSE’s.
- Support those students who are perceived as academically “behind” in the traditional school system.
- Boost ahead those children who are being “held back” in the traditional school system.
- Offer better clarity and awareness of academic requirements in the Bahamas.
If this captures your interest, then the student shed may be the place for you to hang out. (Note: We are not affiliated with the Bahamas Ministry of Education).
To the parents, We understand your desire to see your children achieve the best they can in their studies. We are also aware of the challenges facing students who are working hard to do well in an educational system which is not always so transparent.
To the students, We hope that the resources on this site will help you and be a great help for you and your academic goals. For the adults out there who have not obtained a high school diploma, we believe it’s never too late. With discipline and a strong determination anything can be accomplished. If you need guidance about where to go and what to do, use this community to help you.
To the teachers who work diligently with their students, this community is filled with students from many islands of the Bahamas who would certainly benefit from whatever resource, advice or material you are willing to contribute. We will be grateful for your support. If you would like to contribute in a more substantial way, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk further.
We welcome you all to search the website, take advantage of the resources here. If you do not see what you are looking for please send us an email at email@example.com. We do are best to publish the most requested material. If you want to be kept up to date with what we are doing on this site, click the register button below and join the 29,000+ parents, students and teachers who are already subscribed to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any point.
Or if you hang out on Facebook more often and would prefer quicker notifications of what’s happening on our website, then check out/like our Facebook page.